Originally released and licensed to EMI, The Bairns, Here’s The Tender Coming and Last are now reissued on RabbleRouser Music, and on vinyl for the first time. This bundle gets you all three together plus one of the associated t-shirts, with a 10% discount.
THE BAIRNS (2007)
- Nominated for the 2008 Mercury Music Prize
- The only British Folk Album to appear in The Guardian and Uncut’s 100 Albums of the Decade.
- “The Bairns is a bewitching, dream-like, down-to-earth masterpiece” Paul Morley, The Observer
HERE’S THE TENDER COMING (2009)
- Mojo Magazine Folk Album Of The Year.
- Top 50 Albums Of The Year, The Guardian and Uncut.
- “Even more satisfying, compelling and varied than the Mercury-nominated The Bairns. Haunting, original and magnificent” The Guardian
- “This is a big album in every way” Mojo
- “The Unthanks seem to regard folk music the same way Miles Davis regarded jazz: as a launchpad for exploring the wider possibilities.. a bleakly beautiful record” Uncut
- “sparse, intensely focussed production and some stunningly imaginative, minimalist-style arrangements..the strings have an icy, autumnal countenance about them, and it’s against their chilled and often foreboding presence that the voices of Rachel and Becky radiate warmth and compassion… their ability to pare back extraneous matter and to stare unflinchingly into the very soul of a song makes Last such a spellbinding experience” BBC Music
- “their fourth and best album.. bewitching and hugely ambitious” Q
More about each record on their individual sales pages.